Monday, January 17, 2011

Existence Does Not Mean Worship

So, I know that many of us non believers are asked the question, "What would do if God was proven to be real?"

Well, first of all it depends which God are we talking about?
Are we talking about the scary, jealous, egocentric, mental sky man Yahweh?
Or perhaps we are speaking of Hades, or Zeus, neither of whom I would consider calling moral.
There are also the Gods of Hindu Mythology, and the Gods of Egypt, and many others, so many infact, that it would take me more time than I would care to spend to list even a tenth of them.

However for the sake of this argument I will be using the notion of Yahweh, since he is the most widely known of all Gods, and the most widely worshiped.

Now, I suppose you might call me insolent, but I can say that most people are superior to Yahweh in the moral sense, and it's possible that in the distant future, we will rival, and surpass his fictitious might.

But Alas, I am not being fair, I said I would assume that Yahweh was real for the sake of this argument.
If I were to actually come face to face with him, the results would likely be similar to the following
Replace Frieza with Yahweh
Minus the fact that I never served the mental man in the first place, nor do I have any offspring to carry on the battle, but I would nonetheless defy Yahweh.

Now some may say, but you can't go against the very thing that created you. That would be disrespecting it.
Well, if there is a being that created a world, where people suffer unfairly, and a being that gives the ability to choose but condemns us for not bowing our head to it, then I'd rather burn in hell than kiss its feet.

If one looks at Yahweh, the sick freak slaughters millions of people for trivial reasons. He's like the original Hitler... Heck, if it were real (again there's no compelling evidence to believe in it), I wouldn't be surprised if Hitler was burning in Hell only because he outdid Yahweh's KDR (Kill Death Ratio, for those of you who don't play many video games)

Regardless, there is no reason to worship anything. Any being that wishes to be worshiped, or cares who worships it and who doesn't, should be by default made unworthy of being worshiped.  Now on the other hand if such a being had been more moral, and more like us humans (when we are being rational) then perhaps, I might consider it a possible acquaintance. Possibly. Though, if the Deities turn out to be accurately described in those works of fiction.. then I will stand against them with what little might I have.

Also since I like to keep this a family friendly blog, I had to refrain from using some adjectives that would be better suited for describing those that many worship. Though I'm sure you can use your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment