Sunday, October 17, 2010

Single Player Video Games

You know what made the classic games classic?

The fact that a couple decades later you can still pop the game into the system and play it and enjoy it as much as you had back when you first played the game. This is because the single player modes were great and focused on back in the day. However then another fun aspect of play was introduced. Multiplayer. Now you could play with your friends and such, and it paved the way to social gaming. Soon it was followed by online multiplayer, something that made games such as Halo 3, Halo Reach, Call of Duty Modern Warfare. However the question I would like to pose is this. What happens if I don't have internet. What happens if ten years from today I pop the disk in, and the lobby is closed. I can't play the amazing multiplayer that the game is famed for. I mean, sure they offer decent 5 hour campaigns but even those get boring after playing through them like once, and most of them serve as essentially tutorials for the multiplayer aspect.

What I'm trying to say is that I wish that games would make both amazing single and multiplayer modes. which is possible, though it requires more time and money, and well, it's kind of sad when money gets in the way of artistic vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment